Well here it is
I put an 1/8 in baltic birch plywood backer on this. I decided that i would add some color to it. So I had to figure out how to paint different areas in different colors without seeing bare wood or the wrong color showing. So this is what I ended up doing.
1) Put blue painters tape over the side I was going to paint.
2) Printed out another copy of the pattern
3) Put clear packing take over the paper pattern. I did this since I was having issues with the paper tearing while cutting
4) Removed the cut out pieces leaving behind the uncut tape.
5) Applied two coats of the paint in the uncovered areas.
6) Removed the tape mask.
Then I glued on the back. This is the result. The result was how I wanted it. Only the colors I wanted to show thru do and no unpainted wood is showing. So in my book it is all a success. I think next project will be thinner as the colors don't really show up as nicely as I would have liked. You can force the photo to come out by making sure how the lighting hits and penetrates the cuts.
Thanks for looking.